Shipping & Returns
Shipping Your Order
Free shipping is available on orders where regularly-priced apparel and/or footwear merchandise totals $99 or more. This offer is only available within the continental United States.
Shipping costs are determined by an item's size, weight, shipping method and delivery address. We will show an estimated shipping cost in your final shopping cart. If you select an alternative shipping method, an APO/FPO address or an address outside the continental United States, your actual shipping may be higher.
In-stock merchandise will normally arrive 3-6 days after the order is received. Orders are shipped via UPS ground or USPS. Tracking information will be e-mailed to you. We offer ground shipping to the United States, Alaska, and Hawaii.
In-Store and Curbside Pickup
Local customer? Save on time and shipping costs by buying online and picking up at your local store. This option is available at checkout for qualifying items by choosing the curbside pickup option and selecting your closest store. Once your order is placed, we will send you an email when your order is ready to be picked up. See full details on In-Store and Curbside Pickup.
Returns & Exceptions
North 40 Outfitters reserves the right to refuse or reduce the value of any return based on the condition of the item and the packaging of the item being returned.
Returns and refunds are subject to the following criteria, and other restrictions may apply.
North 40 Outfitters will not process a return on any of the following except to the extent a manufacturer warranty applies. Returns for warranty should be clean and free of mud and debris.
Cannot be returned – All sales are final
- Ammunition & Firearms
- Animal Health Vaccine/or Injectable
- All Live Goods
- Clearance Merchandise and Special Orders
- Under Garments
Can be returned with exceptions
- Saddle & Saddle Pads - North 40 Outfitters will accept the return of any saddle and saddle pad within 15 days of purchase for any reason but must be returned free of hair, showing no evidence of use, absolutely clean in sellable condition and validated with manager or other supervisor approval.
- Bulk item (rope, chain, cable, tubing, etc.) - items that have been cut to your specifications cannot be returned. All sales are final.
- Eden Pure - must be sent back directly to the manufacturer for refunds or replacements.
- Clothing - may be returned only if in new, unwashed, unworn condition, and only if original garment tags are present.
- Footwear - sold by North 40 Outfitters is guaranteed to be free from defects in workmanship for 180 days. We will issue a replacement or merchandise credit to be used toward a footwear purchase in the event footwear sold by us is defective in workmanship. Below is the return schedule and credit policy for footwear found to be defective by North 40 Outfitters.
- 0-30 days.............Full Replacement
- 30-90 days...........60% Credit
- 91-180 days..........30% Credit
A RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL FOOTWEAR RETURNS FOR ANY REASON. Footwear found to have abusive sole and upper wear may not be returned for credit. Due to varying individual wear and use of footwear, there is no length of wear guaranteed on uppers, stitching, eyelets, or soles except where offered by the manufacturer. In the case of leather footwear, we suggest protective rubber footwear be worn when exposed to animal waste, chemicals, acids and moisture. Leather care products should always be used for longer wear. No adjustment will be made on any footwear found to be abused, untreated, or excessively worn. No adjustment or returns will be made on footwear with mud, animal waste, or excessive foreign residue on the uppers or soles.
Returning Defective Merchandise
A sales receipt is required for all defective returns. Unless addressed specifically in this policy (see return exceptions), returns of defective merchandise will be handled on a case by case basis, as manufacturers set different terms for us to take back and give credit on defective merchandise. Please check your packaging for details on returning defective merchandise, as in many instances manufacturers require customers to contact the manufacturer directly with defective merchandise.
Refunds and Exchanges
North 40 Outfitters may issue an exchange, refund or gift card on merchandise returned with a sales receipt within 30 days of your purchase unless a manufacturer warranty or shipping error requires a different process or result.
North 40 Outfitters may issue an exchange on merchandise returned without a sales receipt at the lowest sale price with manager or other supervisor approval only.
Any returns North 40 Outfitters may process will be refunded via the same payment method used for purchase and with manager or other supervisor approval only, and subject to the following:
- Refunds for returns of items purchased in-store by check may only be made after 10 business days have passed from the date of purchase. If returning in-store, cash will be returned for amounts under $100.00;
- Refunds for returns of items purchased by debit card that are under $100.00 may be issued on the same card or, if returned in-store, in cash;
- Refunds for in-store purchases with cash or check returns over $100.00 will be issued from our Great Falls corporate office;
- Refunds for gift card purchases may only be made when accompanied by a sales receipt (subject to any state cash redemption laws). The credit will be issued as a merchandise credit or re-issued back in the form of a gift card.
- Refunds for in-store charge purchases will be issued as a merchandise credit or returned back to the in-store charge account. Shipping and handling charges will not be refunded.
Shipping Your Return or Exchange
Online purchases can be returned to any of our store locations or returned via mail.
To return an item by mail, please visit our Support page to request an RMA. Once your request has been approved, you will receive instructions on how to return your items. Returns sent back to North 40 Outfitters without an RMA number will not be processed or refunded. You are responsible for shipping and handling charges so North 40 Outfitters strongly recommends that all return shipments be made by UPS or USPS, so that you can take advantage of their shipment tracking systems.
We cannot assist you with lost return shipments unless a tracking number has been assigned to the shipment.
Returns will be processed at the facility within 3-5 business days. If the item is deemed re-sellable the full amount of your purchase (less any shipping and handling) will be refunded to you within 2 weeks. If your returned item was purchased with a gift card, we will issue another gift card for the amount of the credit due on completion of the return. If there is an additional amount owed, your credit card will be charged for any replacement merchandise when shipped.